Something From My Room

A very simple idea. We send some random person on the internet something from my room...for free.We'll talk about what we are sending and then the response we get from the person receiving it.

Friday, April 6, 2007

All bets are in, here are the emails!

For all of those just tuning in, I am giving away my Gameboy micro. All I asked was for a compelling reason I should send it to you.

Wow, I got so many great responses. Here are the ones that I liked and will be picking from over the weekend. Some people really make a strong case of needing while some people simply want it. One person has the Easter Bunny on his side...which makes me kind of nervous.



I like free lunches, I like free gameboys too...
I would like to have your GB micro for free. Otherwise, the Easter
bunny will eat your face.
Yours Sincerely,

Mark


Hi :)

My name is Seth, and I saw your blog about the gameboy micro. I'm sure there's alot of people who probably have better reasons than mine to get the gameboy, but I decided to give it a shot anyways. My reason isn't exactly funny, but more of a request for assistance. You see, I'm a 17 year old High School student, and over the past year or 2, my hobbies haven't been the healthiest. I got into drugs, and sort of bad honestly. I got in some trouble for them as well. I've recently made a decision to quit completely, I've talked to a couple of my friends about it and they are quitting with me. My best idea to help me stay away from them, is to pick up other hobbies. The best thing I've come up with is video games! This used to be a huge hobby of mine, and still is really, but I quit playing games as much whenever I got into the bad stuff. Though, the only system I had was a PS2 which my brother borrowed, and broke, the disc tray was snapped off while it was opened, and someone happened to stumble across it, resulting in my loss of the only console I owned. I'm in the process of getting a job, hopefully at Blockbuster (the best job locally minus fast food, sad I know..) But until then, I don't have many games to play, minus a few PC games I play, like Gunbound and GunZ, both free.

I'm a huge fan of Nintendo, I used to have Gamecube, which was lost by my mother in the process of her moving 3 hours away, and when we looked there I couldn't find it. Again, I'm console-less.

I think if I got the gameboy micro, it'd do a great job of keeping me occupied, and away from drugs and the like, and after awhile, I hope to save up enough to get myself a Wii.

I'd appreciate you considering me to get the Gameboy, but like I said before, I'm sure you'll get funnier, or more relevant reasons from other people, though, this is my attempt. :) Thanks.

-Seth El Dorado,KS

I believe I deserve your Game boy Micro because my mom through away my Nintendo DS while I was deployed to Iraq. I never got around to replacing it, and while it's not quite the same, a Game boy Micro would do wonders for my return to normalcy.

- Shaun Jacksonville, NC

So i have 10 minutes till class as i write this. Before I found out about this i had about 30 minutes between classes leaving just enough time so i can't really do anything worthwhile. I have 7 hours and 45 minutes of class on Mondays and Wednesdays because I need 6 classes to graduate. I work part time and a lot of it is downtime but the money helps me pay the rent. Since i increased my classes to graduate i decreased my hours at work so I really don't have any extra cash to buy something fun for me. I spend a majority of my day on the go. I think that the gameboy micro would be awesome for me cause i have 10-20 minutes hear and there to play a quick game. This would help me keep my sanity and help me through my rough schedule for the next few months. If you feel some pity then please send me it and help a poor college student out. Thanks for reading!

-Parth

Heres why I would appreciate something from your room. Bear with me, this may or may not be a while. It all started in November, my parent's both work together installing Carpet. We live in Michigan, which you may or may not know, is, I believe, currently the worst economy in all 50 states. We'll my parents were sub-contractors for a big company here in Michgan. But this company was owned by a man, who's name I don't know.
His sister, re-ran for secretary of state, and he used his company's funds to help campaign for her. He in the end, ran the company basically into the ground. So since November, after the elections, the company my parents worked for, has been trying to catch up for lost funds and make up money. They weren't doing to good, so in the end it started coming to jobs cuts. My parent's weren't the first, but they definately weren't the last.
On January 3rd(yes I remember the day, it's the day the has thus far started ruining my life, and for some time put me into depression) they were called in, and fired, since they didn't want to let them go, and have to pay unemployment, they found stupid things to finally fire them over. This is kind of where you come in. Since then, we've had no money and been going into debt paying for ourselves to get by. Since then, I haven't really been able to do anything fun, that costed money or have any normal extra's people get.
I've been playing my playstation 1, that I planned to upgrade to a ps2 or something in February, for the last 2 years. If I got something from your room, I'm hoping it could be something to entertain me more then the 3 channels on tv, or a playstation 1 with a few games. Thank's for your time and I appreciate what your doing. If my life isn't enough reason to get something, maybe the point that I took all the time to type it, and am telling you, a complete stranger about it, is enough for you to help me out. Thanks, I hope I get something.


-
Gary Wyoming, MI

I've bought and sold many a game system to pay for my addictive Apple
purchasing habits over the years. I would love to have a free system that I
can keep, because I wouldn't be tempted to sell it! Thanks for your
consideration, what a fun idea!

-Adam Davenport, IA


Hi! I know this may be a bit late but I just visited your site today. Awesome idea by the way!
My name is Matt, I'm 15, and I have 2 brothers who are 11 and 6. We constantly fight over the video games of the house. I love Advance Wars, my brother loves Megaman, and my other brother loves Pokemon. Needless to say, it's a hassle to trade off one GBA. Please, pick me for the Micro!
-Matt
Hello,

I should say I don't really NEED a Gameboy Micro. I would only use it to practice programming, because I use the emulator that comes with the free Visual Ham development software, and have gotten it to receive button input and draw lines. It sounds pretty lame but doing it was a lot of fun for me! So if you have an inkling to give it to someone that likes to tinker and make stuff, then indeed I am your man. Otherwise I think that someone else would have lots more fun with it.

Thanks for considering. I hope this turns out well for you no matter what!

-Dan Bayside, WI

5 Comments:

  • At April 6, 2007 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Trevor said...

    i vote for mark. this is because i am the easter bunny and you are my friend and i don't want to eat your face. but rules are rules and mark can employ my services as he sees fit.

    choose wisely.

     
  • At April 6, 2007 at 12:32 PM , Blogger John Brooks Pounders said...

    I don't want you to eat my face either!

     
  • At April 7, 2007 at 6:07 PM , Blogger Jacob Summers said...

    Well, John... this was an interesting idea. I liked their responses. Can't wait til your nexy give away.

    --Jacob Summers

     
  • At April 7, 2007 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Faith said...

    That's cool. I want a micro, but not enough to possibly win over someone else ;) I have advance, ds, that's all i need really.

     
  • At April 8, 2007 at 4:29 PM , Blogger jackie said...

    I commend Seth for his well thought out plan for staying on the straight and narrow. May I suggest a hobby that just bubbles with good clean fun?

    SOAPMAKING!

    I am willing to send Seth all the supplies and equipment to get him started on the fulfilling new past time which is sure to keep him clean for years to come.

    I will send Seth the essentials to get him started on his first batch of fifty bars of fragrant vegetable lye soap! This offer includes safety goggles and rubber gloves - soapmaking is a dangerous activity - an Xtreme craft, if you will - which may well satisfy the need for excitement and risk-taking that is so often present in individuals with addictive personalities.

    Seth must be willing to puchase his own lye. In return for my patronage he would be required to send me six bars from his first batch.

    This offer is for Seth only. All he has to do is accept, and I will mail him a large parcel full of fats, fragrances, molds, recipes, the afore mentioned safety equipment, and everything else he needs for successful lye soap making! Who knows? Seth may be the next Dr. Bronner!

    This offer is real. It is in no way connected to any giveaway promoted by a Mr. J.B. Pounders (who should not be giving MY stuff away anyway since my attorney, Mr. Thompson of Coral Gables, assures me that I OWN HIM and everything in his room)

    Mrs. Gregory

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home