Something From My Room

A very simple idea. We send some random person on the internet something from my room...for free.We'll talk about what we are sending and then the response we get from the person receiving it.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Here are the emails. Who should I pick?

This week's emails have been very different than last weeks. Mainly they are from die-hard 24 fans who want to play the game. If anyone else wants to email me a reason as to why I should send them my 24 DVD board then please write me a compelling reason and your address.

My husband is obsessed by the show and has spent hundreds of dollars on everything that is 24....our house is getting to be a shrine, and his birthday is coming up.

Please and much deep thanks :)


Anelle =^..^= Post Falls, ID


I need something from your room as I am about to become a parent for the first time,

Take care
Denise Cox Essex


We'll I see what you posted, and I'm actually happy I didn't get the GameBoy Micro. I loved the show 24 back when we had cable. I watched it (some might say religiously) every Monday at 9. Then we didn't have money to see it any more, and I haven't watched it since. I hope I get it, and that it's based more on the first few seasons, not this last one. Also, if it helps I also, am 17. Didn't think it mattered before but I guess age helps you win. But I don't want my age in consideration because that is no reason why I want this game, it's because I love 24. Favorite characters: David Palmer, and Kim Bauer. Thanks.

Jons Wyoming, MI


Dear JB:

I stumbled across your site and see that you are giving away 24: the DVD board game! OMG! I have never played this game, so I did some research to see how much fun I might expect to have, should I be so lucky to receive the game.

I found the following review:
Hideous game, 14 December 2006
1/10
Author: reviewer101 from United States

Hard to play, no continuity or instructions that make sense. Buy it at a yard sale this summer for a quarter, but pass on it now. This has limited game play i would say once at most. My wife and I quit playing it after two hours of trying to figure out why there is a game board, and why the clue cards exist at all. We are in our early thirties, love the show, and are not technologically challenged. But this game is a mix of playing 1980's pong style games with less of a point and less of a mental challenge. I don't know what I need to continue and say more but I need 10 lines so...DON'T BOTHER WITH THIS GAME. Watch the show, but avoid this waste of money and time at all costs.

If that didn't make me want to play the game, the other following reviews really hit my desire to play this game out of the ballpark:

I just complained to them, you should too

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

this game is unbelievably TERRIBLE

so confused wish i didnt buy the game!

HUHHHHHH?

WTF!!!!

As you can see, I have high expectations.

In reality, I would turn this into a drinking game and I really just want to see if Jack Bauer ever craps.

Thanks,
Kristine Columbus, OH


i m fed up from life, need something new in life to change, may be something from you room can help ..
cheers !!
the realin


5 Comments:

  • At April 13, 2007 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Glen said...

    I think Kristine should get it because she knows it sucks. Everyone else is just going to be disapointed. Maybe she can just play it once and find out that Jack never craps then pass it along to the next victim. But again thats just me. JBP i know it has to be tough this game is lame and so is the show. For a real fun time you guys should get the american idol board game its much better!

     
  • At April 13, 2007 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Glen said...

    I take that back. The show isnt that lame... Its just I've been upset ever since Arnold Palmer died. I quit watching it then. If he has come back to life or something since I last watched it that would be even lamer but I may start watching it again. Now I just have to stick to All State commercials.

     
  • At April 14, 2007 at 5:09 AM , Blogger jonslilbro said...

    You mean David Palmer.

     
  • At April 14, 2007 at 8:47 AM , Blogger jackie said...

    Glen, you crack me up. Arnold Palmer is a golfer.

     
  • At April 14, 2007 at 6:46 PM , Blogger Glen said...

    You guys just don't understand me!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home