Something From My Room

A very simple idea. We send some random person on the internet something from my room...for free.We'll talk about what we are sending and then the response we get from the person receiving it.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Gameboy Micro received!

I got an email from Seth saying he received the GB. I asked him to send some pics of him with it. I'll post them once I receive them! Also I'll be picking a recipient of the 24 game tomorrow. Any ideas on a good way to package the game? I am thinking about just putting postage on the game. Is that too simple?


Hey! I got the Gameboy Micro in the mail today, and I love it!! My friend is letting me borrow Zelda: Four Swords/A Link to the Past for it, it's occupying alot of my time so far, haha. You were right, these things are absolutely fun. I really appreciate this, once again. Thank you so much!

ps - I have a bad feeling this is going to distract me in school >_< -- Seth



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At April 15, 2007 at 5:42 PM , Blogger jonslilbro said...

    That is too simple...maybe put it in a box, and on each side put something 24ish, like someone's picture, or a quote from the show.... just an idea.

     
  • At April 19, 2007 at 5:56 PM , Blogger jackie said...

    These are some ideas for mailing stuff:

    1. One of my favs is just what you did. Just put stamps on it - whatever it is. They gotta take it unless it is too big, too heavy or has white powder coming out of it.

    2. Somebody mailed me a BALLOON a couple of weeks ago. It was actually a balloon inside another balloon. It had a dinner invitation and a tube of lip gloss inside! When I popped it, glitter and confetti went EVERYWHERE! It made it from Cleveland Tennessee without popping!

    3. Another person uses old album covers. Just writes the addresses on with a marker. This would be cool if you could find a cover that fit with the theme of the contents.

    4. My Folgers coffee comes in these nice plastic cans now. So does Nestle's Quik. Those round tea bags come in tins. Stuff like this makes really good mailers.

    5. I sent my sister's b-day present in a clear plastic piggy bank that I got either at WalMart or the Dollar Tree.

    6. I use soda bottles all the time. Take the label off and cut a slit in the side with a razor blade. Stick the stuff through the slit - I put tinsel in mine - and try to arrange it so that it looks nice with a pencil or a chopstick. Put your address label over the slit and people will wonder how you got that stuff in that bottle.

    7. Messages in bottles are great!

    8. They always have a lot of dumb stuff at the dollar tree that is great to mail things in - little trash cans, funny gift bags. A while back they had these blowup plastic bubble bags that I used a lot. They had these canvas kids' backpacks. Pencil boxes and those zippered bags that go in notebooks. Dollar Tree has good cheap mailing stuff.

    9. Purses. Old purses are great, too.

    10. Those clear plastic zippered bags that sheets and comforters come in.

    11. I like to mail things in MAILBOXES! You can get cheap mailboxes at Home Depot or Lowes. Send your mail in a mailbox.

    12.Check out the packages on your everyday products. You can save your Cheer detergent boxes or your Cheerios boxes to send Cheer! to people all over the world!

    Once you start looking for things to mail stuff in you'll begin to see potential mailers everywhere. Even old brown paper bags can be great if you decorate them right.

    Go for it!

    Jackie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home