Something From My Room

A very simple idea. We send some random person on the internet something from my room...for free.We'll talk about what we are sending and then the response we get from the person receiving it.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I am back from the beach(Has anyone seen my Blackberry Pearl?)

I just got back on Sunday from a beach trip to Gulf Shores. This is why there have been no updates on the blog. I had promised myself I would make a post before I left but never found the time.

I had never lost a cell phone till about 2 months ago. The first phone I lost fell straight from my pocket and into a sewer when I was walking to class. Three university maintenance guys and one backhoe couldn't get it out...oh well. That was also a Blackberry Pearl, well needless to say I bought the insurance this time around so it did not cost me nearly as much as it did before. I lost my third phone at a place called the FloraBama known for its mullet toss(the fish not the hair trend sweeping the nation). The phone went MIA and fell out of my pocket yet again.

2 Comments:

  • At May 22, 2007 at 5:38 PM , Blogger jackie said...

    I've lost 2 phones. The 1st was a brand new uninsured flip phone that disappeared on the day in October 2001 that we moved Ollie from Florence to Chattanooga. Months later I gave Amy a Christmas present that I had intended for her grandmother, but I thought it broke after I wrapped it. I told Amy that she could have it and fix it if she wanted. More months later Amy opened the present. I must have dropped the phone in some foam peanuts when I was packing. And then I must have used these packing peanuts when I wrapped the present. Amy found my phone when she opened MeeMaws present. It wasn't broken at all. Must have been the phone clanging around in the box.
    I dropped my next phone into one of those tall, skinny travel mugs full of coffee. I had to have dropped it perfectly straight down. Coffee got all inside the screen. When the guy at Verizon opened the back it smelled like Starbucks.
    Ollie dropped his phone in the LZ after her flew one day. He didn't find it until the tractor ran over it. Oh, well.
    I saw someone on TV several years ago who had invented a cardboard disposable phone for people who got mad at their phones and threw them out the car window. Or it could work for Naomi Campbell types as well, to keep them out of trouble.They said they would be marketed mostly as promotional items. Like instead of ball-point pens with your business name you could give away cell phones with a little time on them. Then I never heard anymore about it.
    I haven't seen your Blackberry.Why did you pick a Blackberry? Please don't make the obvious joke about pies. I like my XV6700 a lot. If you had one like me, you could sit on the beach and update your blog. No excuses. And I like those Cingular8525 I think they are. I like my touch screen and my stylus.
    I also like my new Archos wifi 80gb media player. I used to like my 80gb iPod, but Amy took it at Christmas. Now I like my little orange Shuffle. I like SD cards - regular, mini and micro. I like Sansas because they have micro card slots. I like my geek, George, because he is the only one who knows how to work these things. For my birthday, which is soon, I want one of those new Kodak digital picture frames with mp3 and remote.
    I hope you used SPF 15 or more at the beach.

     
  • At May 22, 2007 at 8:42 PM , Blogger Glen said...

    Haaa! I forgot about Amy finding your phone in MeeMaws present! I however have never lost a phone or a wallet. But I did lose my favorite hoodie and my home. :(

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home